Fancy Julienned Carrots
Brighten your holiday menu with these wholesome yet crowd-pleasing carrots. Leftovers are just as good the next day. —Susan Perry, Honokaa, Hawaii
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound carrots, julienned (6 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sherry, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute carrots and 2/3 cup onions in butter for 4
- minutes. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until
- carrots are tender. Add the sherry if desired, parsley, salt and
- pepper; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 147 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.