This recipe is a new twist on an old favorite, using ground chicken or turkey and English muffins instead of the usual sloppy joe fixings.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) sloppy joe sauce
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 8 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and green pepper over
- medium heat until chicken is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the
- sloppy joe sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 10 minutes. Stir in rice; cook 5 minutes longer or until heated
- through. Spoon 1 cup onto each English muffin. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 322 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.