Fancy Ham 'n' Cheese
Garden-fresh ingredients including spinach, cucumber and onion add appeal to this zippy ham sandwich. "It has a touch of class that turns the ordinary into something special," assures James Gauthier of Oak Creek, Wisconsin.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 slices rye bread
- 12 fresh spinach leaves
- 16 cucumber slices
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 12 slices fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. On half of the
- slices, layer spinach, cucumber, onion, ham, mustard and cheese. Top
- with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 607 calories, 36 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 1,824 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.