Here’s a festive, flavorful quick-toss salad that adds color to any table. Contributor Diana Smith from Wesson, Mississippi says, “A lady brought this to a church gathering. It was so pretty and wonderful, I just had to have the recipe.” TIP: You could substitute toasted pine nuts for the sunflower kernels for a different kind of crunch.
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, cranberries, blue cheese and sunflower kernels. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fancy Green Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p51
Reviews for Fancy Green Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2012
"This is an excellent salad. I also used feta instead of blue cheese and baby salad mix."
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"I make this salad with feta rather than blue cheese. It is one of my family's favorite salads."