Fancy Green Salad Recipe
Here’s a festive, flavorful quick-toss salad that adds color to any table. Contributor Diana Smith from Wesson, Mississippi says, “A lady brought this to a church gathering. It was so pretty and wonderful, I just had to have the recipe.” TIP: You could substitute toasted pine nuts for the sunflower kernels for a different kind of crunch.
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, cranberries, blue cheese and sunflower kernels. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fancy Green Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p51
Reviews for Fancy Green Salad(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review