- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup salted whole cashews
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, honey and butter. Saute pepper and onion in drippings until tender. Add the beans, teriyaki mixture, bacon, cashews and lemon juice; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fancy Green Beans(19)
Sort By :
These are flavorful and the entire family loved them. Since I have "gouty" menfolk, I substituted ham base for the bacon.
I found the green beans to be a bit on the bland side. I say I would try it again but would make it spicier.
I bet thie would also be good with snap peas. Might try that.
I bet these would also be good on snap peas. Might try that.
tasty. Servec to friends at a steak BBQ. Perfect side dish...easy to prepare
More Recipe Collections
- Cashew Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >