Fancy Green Beans Recipe
What a treat for green beans! You’ll love the sweet-salty sauce, nutty taste of cashews and sprinkling of bacon. Kelly Waller - Madison, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup salted whole cashews
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, honey and butter. Saute pepper and onion in drippings until tender. Add the beans, teriyaki mixture, bacon, cashews and lemon juice; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 139 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC