- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup salted whole cashews
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, honey and butter. Saute pepper and onion in drippings until tender. Add the beans, teriyaki mixture, bacon, cashews and lemon juice; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fancy Green Beans
Sort By :
"These are flavorful and the entire family loved them. Since I have "gouty" menfolk, I substituted ham base for the bacon."
"I found the green beans to be a bit on the bland side. I say I would try it again but would make it spicier."
"I bet thie would also be good with snap peas. Might try that."
"I bet these would also be good on snap peas. Might try that."
"tasty. Servec to friends at a steak BBQ. Perfect side dish...easy to prepare"