Fancy Fuss-Free Torte
This pretty layered torte from Joan Causey of Greenwood, Arkansas relies on convenient frozen pound cake and canned pie filling. "It's a snap to assemble," she promises. "I put toothpicks through the ends to hold the layers in place, then remove them before serving."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling or flavor of your choice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into three layers.
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; top with half of the pie
- filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and
- sides of cake with whipped topping. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 287 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.