Fancy Fuss-Free Torte
This pretty layered torte from Joan Causey of Greenwood, Arkansas relies on convenient frozen pound cake and canned pie filling. "It's a snap to assemble," she promises. "I put toothpicks through the ends to hold the layers in place, then remove them before serving."
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling or flavor of your choice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Split cake into three horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; top with half of the pie filling. Repeat layers. Top
- with third cake layer. Frost top and sides with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 287 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.