Sugar cookie dough makes a fun foundation for this fantastic fruit pizza. The tender crust complements the sweetened cream cheese and colorful "toppings". After you serve up the last slice, be prepared to make another pizza.
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon water
- On a greased 14-in. pizza pan, press cookie dough into a 12-in. circle. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. Toss bananas with lemon juice. Arrange the pineapple, strawberries, bananas, kiwi and oranges over cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Combine marmalade and water; drizzle over fruit. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fancy Fruit Pizza in Country Woman July/August 2003, p33
Reviews for Fancy Fruit Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review