In the summer, I make a big batch of these delicious slushy fruit cups and store them in the freezer. They make great snacks and are wonderful to have on hand when friends stop by. We also like them with blueberries, raspberries, muskmelon and cherries.
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups watermelon chunks
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 1-1/2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peaches
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice and lemonade concentrates. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, bananas, watermelon, grapes, strawberries and peaches. Add juice mixture and mix well.
- Place about 1/2 cup fruit mixture in 5-oz. disposable plastic wine glasses with removable bottoms or 5-oz. disposable cups. Top each with four kiwi pieces. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer about 1-3/4 hours before serving. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Fancy Frozen Fruit Cups in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p27
Reviews for Fancy Frozen Fruit Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review