- 8 cups cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and pureed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups ginger ale, chilled
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl or container, combine the first five ingredients; stir until smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Fold in whipped cream. Slowly add ginger ale; stir gently to mix. Pour into glasses. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 quarts.
Originally published as Fancy Berry Beverage in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p39
Reviews for Fancy Berry Beverage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"This is the special drink our family enjoys during the holidays. I have left out the heavy whipping cream and it is so good!"