Fancy Berry Beverage Recipe
We offer this fruity beverage to guests to add a festive touch to holiday gatherings. It pours up frothy, then separates into a dark pink base with a light foamy top. A slightly tart drink, it's wonderful with home-baked cookies.
- 8 cups cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and pureed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups ginger ale, chilled
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl or container, combine the first five ingredients; stir until smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Fold in whipped cream. Slowly add ginger ale; stir gently to mix. Pour into glasses. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 quarts.
Originally published as Fancy Berry Beverage in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p39
Reviews for Fancy Berry Beverage(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
This is the special drink our family enjoys during the holidays. I have left out the heavy whipping cream and it is so good!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Beverages >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cold Beverages >
- Cranberry Juice Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Potluck Beverage Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >