Fancy Bean Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a skillet, melt butter. Add cracker crumbs and almonds; cook and stir until lightly browned. Sprinkle over top.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 386 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Fancy Bean Casserole
"My family enjoyed this casserole very much. I used cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of chicken. I'll be making this again."