Fancy Bean Casserole
My daughter gave me this wonderful recipe, and I've since shared it with many of my friends.Venola Sharpe, Campbellsville, Kentucky
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a
- greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a skillet, melt butter. Add cracker
- crumbs and almonds; cook and stir until lightly browned. Sprinkle
- over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated
- through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 386 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 817 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein.