My daughter gave me this wonderful recipe, and I've since shared it with many of my friends.—Venola Sharpe, Campbellsville, Kentucky
- 3 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a skillet, melt butter. Add cracker crumbs and almonds; cook and stir until lightly browned. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fancy Bean Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p227
Reviews for Fancy Bean Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2009
"My family enjoyed this casserole very much. I used cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of chicken. I'll be making this again."