My daughter gave me this wonderful recipe, and I've since shared it with many of my friends.—Venola Sharpe, Campbellsville, Kentucky
- 3 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a skillet, melt butter. Add cracker crumbs and almonds; cook and stir until lightly browned. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fancy Bean Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p227
Reviews for Fancy Bean Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2009
"My family enjoyed this casserole very much. I used cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of chicken. I'll be making this again."