I can't count the times I've turned to this tried-and-true recipe when company is coming. The potato filling is creamy and rich tasting, plus the servings are attractive. But the best part is you can spare yourself the hassle of mashing potatoes at the last minute. —Audrey Thibodeau, Gilbert, Arizona
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; rub with oil if desired. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. Discard two shell halves.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, sour cream, salt, pepper and half of the pimientos and chives. Spoon into potato shells. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining pimientos and chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fancy Baked Potatoes in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p31
Reviews for Fancy Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review