- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 3-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine dry ingredients. In a shallow bow, beat egg and milk. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then dredge or shake in flour mixture.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Famous Fried Chicken
Sort By :
Very good and easy to make. I used buttermilk instead of the milk.