- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Whisk buttermilk into
- chocolate mixture. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture
- alternately with chocolate mixture, beating well after each
- addition. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, combine the peanut butter, butter and confectioners'
- sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with peanut butter
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 frosted cupcake equals 332 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.