Family Vegetable Beef Soup
My kids aren't excited about vegetables, but in this soup, they love them. It's an easy recipe to make.
14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups each finely chopped celery, cabbage and carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 14 servings
- (3-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 155 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 703 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.