- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups each finely chopped celery, cabbage and carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Family Vegetable Beef Soup(8)
Sort By :
My Family LOVES this soup!
This was great and even better the next day.
Love it but here are a few changes I make just to make it even more of a pantry meal:
I substitute beef broth with one can of tomato paste instead of the tomato juice. Lower sodium and always in my pantry.
Also, I usually have shredded zucchini in my freezer so I throw 2 c. of that in instead of the cabbage.
Either way, it's a great soup!
This is a healthy, fulfilling recipe that we keep coming back to. My kids DO love it (even after much protesting otherwise), and I love that it is so nourishing!
I thought this was wonderful! Very happy with the results and will be making it again!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >