- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups each finely chopped celery, cabbage and carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Family Vegetable Beef Soup
Sort By :
"My Family LOVES this soup!"
"This was great and even better the next day."
"Love it but here are a few changes I make just to make it even more of a pantry meal:I substitute beef broth with one can of tomato paste instead of the tomato juice. Lower sodium and always in my pantry.Also, I usually have shredded zucchini in my freezer so I throw 2 c. of that in instead of the cabbage.Either way, it's a great soup!"
"This is a healthy, fulfilling recipe that we keep coming back to. My kids DO love it (even after much protesting otherwise), and I love that it is so nourishing!"
"I thought this was wonderful! Very happy with the results and will be making it again!"