- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed saltines
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 envelope pork gravy mix
- Cut three 25-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 6-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cracker crumbs, onion, oats, cream, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf; place in the center of the strips. Arrange the potatoes, carrots and onion around meat.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms and gravy mix; spread over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Spoon vegetables and gravy into a serving bowl. Using foil strips as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter; cut into 12 slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Family-Style Meat Loaf Dinner in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p24
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Family-Style Meat Loaf Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review