Family-Style French Toast
Hennie Scholten of Edgerton, Minnesota can serve a crowd by baking a big batch of this sweet, cinnamony French toast. "Should there be any leftovers, the tender slices are good warmed in the microwave," she adds.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- Confectioners' sugar
- Combine brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; spread evenly in a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; set aside. Combine eggs and milk
- in a shallow dish; place bread in dish and soak for 5 minutes,
- turning once. Place bread over sugar mixture. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve brown sugar
- side up; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 415 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 197 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.