Family-Style Baked Beans
My mother has been making these baked beans for more than 30 years. Whenever I serve them at cookouts or family gatherings, I receive many compliments.
Cathy Weidner, Cincinnati, Ohio
10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to an ungreased
- 2-1/2-qt. baking dish or bean pot. Cover and bake at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 101 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.