Family Quilt Pizza
I find quilt pizzas loads of fun to make. They're great for getting family and friends involved and they come up with the most clever toppings and designs! —Marie Louise Ludwig, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces sliced deli ham, cut into 1/2-in. strips
- Optional toppings: slices of sweet peppers, tomatoes, fully cooked sausage, mushrooms, ripe olives, pineapple, pepperoni, yellow summer squash and red onion; broccoli florets; crumbled feta cheese; and minced fresh basil and chives
- Preheat oven to 425°. Unroll pizza crust and press to fit into a
- greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, pinching edges to form a rim. Bake
- 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Spread crust with pizza sauce; top with mozzarella cheese. Using ham
- strips, outline 12 quilt sections. Arrange toppings of your choice
- in each section to create a patchwork design. Bake 10-15 minutes or
- until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pieces (calculated without optional toppings) equals 395 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 892 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.