Family Quilt Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces sliced deli ham, cut into 1/2-in. strips
- Optional toppings: sweet pepper slices, tomatoes, fully cooked sausage, mushrooms, ripe olives, pineapple, pepperoni, yellow summer squash, red onion, broccoli florets, crumbled feta cheese, minced fresh basil and minced fresh chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Unroll pizza crust and press to fit into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, pinching edges to form a rim. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. Spread crust with pizza sauce; top with mozzarella cheese. Using ham strips, outline 12 sections. Arrange toppings of your choice in each section to create individual designs. Bake 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
2 pieces (calculated without optional toppings): 395 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 892mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Family Quilt Pizza
"What fun! Makes a wonderfully attractive "personal" pizza. It's also easy enough to substitute home-made pizza dough for the refrigerated kind or substitute green or red pepper slices for the ham boundary markers if there are vegetarians in the crowd..."
"Reminds me of Mother's Quilts. Fun to make. Good to eat."
"I haven't made this pizza yet. But with two finicky granddaughters that will only eat noodles lately, I just know this will be a hit especially if they prepare it themselves. My daughter will make the dough and I'll have the ingredients ready. Veggies they like and a few they are on the fence about. Good idea to get them to eat foods that are nutritious."