- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces sliced deli ham, cut into 1/2-in. strips
- Optional toppings: slices of sweet peppers, tomatoes, fully cooked sausage, mushrooms, ripe olives, pineapple, pepperoni, yellow summer squash and red onion; broccoli florets; crumbled feta cheese; and minced fresh basil and chives
- Preheat oven to 425°. Unroll pizza crust and press to fit into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, pinching edges to form a rim. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Spread crust with pizza sauce; top with mozzarella cheese. Using ham strips, outline 12 quilt sections. Arrange toppings of your choice in each section to create a patchwork design. Bake 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Family Quilt Pizza
Sort By :
"What fun! Makes a wonderfully attractive "personal" pizza. It's also easy enough to substitute home-made pizza dough for the refrigerated kind or substitute green or red pepper slices for the ham boundary markers if there are vegetarians in the crowd..."
"Reminds me of Mother's Quilts. Fun to make. Good to eat."
"I haven't made this pizza yet. But with two finicky granddaughters that will only eat noodles lately, I just know this will be a hit especially if they prepare it themselves. My daughter will make the dough and I'll have the ingredients ready. Veggies they like and a few they are on the fence about. Good idea to get them to eat foods that are nutritious."