My children really love this recipe, and it's become one of their favorite comfort foods. It's relatively inexpensive, and leftovers are wonderful! —Sheila Christensen, San Marcos, California
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional toppings: reduced-fat sour cream and minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, broth, corn, tomato paste, chili powder, pepper, cumin and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Serve with optional toppings if desired. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Family-Pleasing Turkey Chili in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p44
Reviews for Family-Pleasing Turkey Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review