- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional toppings: reduced-fat sour cream and minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, broth, corn, tomato paste, chili powder, pepper, cumin and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Serve with optional toppings if desired. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Family-Pleasing Turkey Chili
"I thought this was a decent base, but will need some tweaking. I only used 1/2 tbsp of chili powder and since I prefer a thicker chili I drained the tomatoes and only used about 1/3 of the can of chicken broth. I think next time I will add in some garlic salt (I didn't taste much garlic) and some other various spices (haven't figured out what yet). Otherwise, a decent, solid chili. We put ours over rice and top with cheddar cheese. Yum!"
"This is my families favorite chili recipe. My husband loves this makes it at least twice a month."
"This is a very simple and great tasting . healthy"
"This is my new favorite chili recpie. I have made it in the crockpot and Dutch oven cooked on low. I used two pounds of turkey and added a little tomato juice."
"Very easy to make and yummy."
"Just had oral surgery and wanted chili. Had all these ingredients except kidney beans. Turned out great and was easy on the mouth. My hubby spiced his up, but I ate mine as is with a little sour cream."
"Very good & easy to make."
"Very good, will make again. Thanks for the recipe."
"Very delicious & very easy to make"
"This recipe is so good. I was not able to cook it in the crock pot, but cooked it on top of the stove for about 1 hour instead. It is delicious coming from a not so crazy about turkey/chicken dishes. My man loved it too."