“I’m a big fan of pasta, smoked sausage and cheese, and I love spicy food. This dish has it all,” confirms Lisa Varner of Charleston, South Carolina. “Paired with a salad and bread, it makes a complete meal.”
Featured In: 13x9 Casserole Recipes
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound reduced-fat smoked sausage, casings removed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add sausage and green pepper; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until sausage is lightly browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, salsa, chili powder and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain spaghetti; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Family-Pleasing Spaghetti in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p15
Reviews for Family-Pleasing Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2010
"This was really easy to make and the whole family really liked it!"