Family-Pleasing Sloppy Joes
“My grandma gave this recipe to me years ago, but I made a few changes to give this yummy supper more pizzazz,” shares Jill Zosel from Seattle, Washington.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey and onion over medium
- heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Add garlic;
- cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the sugar, flour and pepper. Add the ketchup, mustard,
- barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 388 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 969 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,