Family-Pleasing Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 sandwich buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard, chili powder and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Family-Pleasing Sloppy Joes(32)
Sort By :
Hubby and I liked but the kids didn't.
This was so delicious!!! I doubled the amt of brown sugar. Everyone loved it!!
I think I will double the vinegar and brown sugar as it was a little bland for me. I added a green pepper and some diced celery. Definetly a keeper, though!
We all really liked this recipe. I will be making this again!
I made this for a large gathering and it was a hit! Very tasty and easy to make. This will be my go-to recipe from now on.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Sloppy Joe Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >