Family-Pleasing Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Add garlic; cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the sugar, flour and pepper. Add the ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Family-Pleasing Sloppy Joes(7)
Sort By :
I don't know what recipe the 2 naysayers were following, but it was not bland and doesn't have any vinegar in it, so I don't know how it can taste like vinegar. My husband and I love this recipe for one of our favorite foods!
This was my first time making sloppy joes and I was impressed at how quick and easy it was to make with things I already had on hand.
This was my first time making sloppy joes and I was impressed at how quick and easy it was to make. However, it's not something I would make again.
This was bland w a vinegar taste.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >