- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 sandwich buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard, chili powder and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Family-Pleasing Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Sort By :
These were really good.
The whole family loved these. Definitely making again.
Very good. We really enjoyed these. My new "go to" recipe.
Excellent sloppy joes, we really liked these a lot. I served them with pasta salad and cucumber salad.
Very good! Even my picky 4 year old ate almost an entire sandwich!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Sloppy Joe Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >