Family-Pleasing Ham Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup cold cooked rice
- 2/3 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash pepper
- Dash chili powder, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1. In a small skillet, cook and stir eggs in oil over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Remove and set aside. In same skillet, cook the rice, ham, garlic powder, ginger, pepper and chili powder if desired until heated through. Stir in soy sauce and reserved eggs. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with egg substitute and reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 193 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.