Family Picnic Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups corn chips
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Stir in cheese and corn chips. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Family Picnic Salad
"Good combination of ingredients. I used a flavored balsamic vinegar and olive oil with garlic salt, seasoned salt, and Italian herbs. I also cut back on the amount of dressing by about half. It turned out great."
"I have made this several times and always a big hit! Just made again Sunday for a church picnic and had a request for the recipe. I even lighten it up a little by adding NO cheese and Lite dressing. I have even in the past not add the corn chips and left them on the side to be added to individual servings."
"I love this salad - and it is so healthy too! [Esp. if you use a fat-free catalina and leave out the corn chips]. My hubby loves it as well!The last time I made it, I did not have any zucchini or white corn, so I used a yellow squash and reg. can of yellow corn in place and it was still great."
"We enjoyed this salad -- it's different from anything I make on a regular basis -- fun for a change! My advice would be not to add the corn chips to the serving bowl -- let each person add their own. The chips do not stay crisp if you have leftovers."