- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 pounds process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/3 cups butter, divided
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 20 pounds potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 2 cups crushed Club crackers (about 40)
- In four Dutch ovens, combine soups, cheese, sour cream, 1 cup butter, seasoned salt, garlic power and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Add potatoes; mix well. Transfer to four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes (dishes will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until bubbly. Melt remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over potatoes. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until topping is lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 60-65 servings.
Originally published as Family Gathering Potatoes in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p54
Reviews for Family Gathering Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2011
"I make this for our church suppers. It never fails that people want the recipe. I have even used this using left over potatoes and it comes out just as delicious!"