We were experimenting one night and came up with these tasty cheese-filled Family-Friendly Stuffed Cheeseburgers. Our kids and neighbors fell in love with them. They're so good that we often don't add any condiments.—Alethea Osborne, Florence, Kentucky
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1 egg
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into twelve thin patties.
- Combine the cheddar cheese, mushrooms and cream cheese; spoon onto centers of six patties. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Family-Friendly Stuffed Cheeseburgers in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p80
Reviews for Family-Friendly Stuffed Cheeseburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review