Family-Friendly Stuffed Cheeseburgers Recipe
We were experimenting one night and came up with these tasty cheese-filled Family-Friendly Stuffed Cheeseburgers. Our kids and neighbors fell in love with them. They're so good that we often don't add any condiments.—Alethea Osborne, Florence, Kentucky
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1 egg
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into twelve thin patties.
- 2. Combine the cheddar cheese, mushrooms and cream cheese; spoon onto centers of six patties. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- 3. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burger equals 629 calories, 32 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 1,149 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Reviews for Family-Friendly Stuffed Cheeseburgers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC