- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1 egg
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into twelve thin patties.
- Combine the cheddar cheese, mushrooms and cream cheese; spoon onto centers of six patties. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Family-Friendly Stuffed Cheeseburgers
"Really good flavor and pretty easy to assemble. Edges didn't stay sealed once the burger cooked though, and filling oozed all over once we bit into them."
"Awesome taste, super easy to make."
"Best burgers I've ever eaten!"
"Absolutely fabulous!! My family and guest LOVE these burgers. Best burgers I have ever made."
"One of the best burgers we ever had!"