This slow cooker casserole has lots of cheese and pepperoni, so it's family- and kid-friendly. It makes a lot, is easy to prepare and has all the wonderful flavors of pizza!Hollie Clark, Ames, Iowa
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the noodles, meat
- sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low
- for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 734 calories, 43 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 185 mg cholesterol, 1,266 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 51 g protein.