Family-Favorite Turkey Egg Rolls Recipe
Finger foods give Thursday extra flair! This recipe is so easy, kids can help prepare it. Serve with sweet-and-sour or hot mustard dipping sauce. —Virginia Rehm, Waynesville, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 4-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the coleslaw mix, sesame seeds, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ginger and seasoned salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- 2. Place 1/4 cup of turkey mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning often. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 egg roll (calculated without sweet-and-sour sauce) equals 199 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC