- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and seasonings; heat through.
- Divide lettuce among six plates; top each with 2/3 cup turkey mixture, 4 teaspoons cheese and 1 tablespoon sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Taco Salad
"It's quick and easy and healthy. My kids love it. It's something different without having to use taco shells. I make it every other month."
"Our family did not care for the seasoning blend, however, I would recommend others try this recipe to see if it works for them, since it is easy and healthy. I will try this recipe again, but will try taco seasoning, instead."
"This recipe was great because it took no time at all to make. The flavors were yummy and it was nice to not use a tortilla shell and save some calories."
"Tasty! I altered the spices to more closely resemble my own homemade taco seasoning, just as a personal preference. We also threw some diced avocado, scallions and crushed tortilla chips on top with a squirt of lime, and that made this a hearty meal."
"I made this recipe adding some crunched up tortilla chips and everyone in my family love it!! This recipe is definitely going into my recipe box--it's easy and delicious!! A nice and light dinner for summertime!! Thank you to the creator!!"