Our children think there are three basic food groups—pizza, tacos and burgers! They like to doctor up slices of this specially seasoned meat loaf with their favorite taco toppings. —Diane Essinger, Findlay, Ohio
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 to 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Top with sour cream, salsa, cheese, lettuce and olives if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Taco Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p62
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Family Favorite Taco Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review