Family Favorite Taco Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 to 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Top with sour cream, salsa, cheese, lettuce and olives if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Family Favorite Taco Meat Loaf
Sort By :
Pleasantly surprised! I love tacos and dont really care for meat loaf. This was really good, and will be better if I put it on shells or tortillas to.
This was a big hit with my family. And a big hit with me on a busy day when the temp was in the 90's I like the topping so much I used it again on Mexican rice. YUM! Thank you.
This recipe was very good and easy to make. I added a few things to spice it up a bit more. Like cilantro and Jalapeno and then rolled it in a tortilla.