- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 to 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Top with sour cream, salsa, cheese, lettuce and olives if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Family Favorite Taco Meat Loaf
"This was a huge twist to Taco Tuesday at our home! My father is not a fan of tacos, but loves meatloaf, so when I made this he enjoyed it so much he asked for seconds! Very creative! The only thing I did different was to add a chopped onion to the mix. Will definitely fix this more often!"
"The concept seemed good, but didn't go over in my house."
"I liked it very much. My husband felt it could be more moist. I uses 90% lean hamburger. Maybe I should get hamburger with a little more fat next time. It has a wonderful flavor"
"This is a great twist on meatloaf! I made into smaller "slider" patties. Delicious!"
"Punky 4640 How long do you bake it. Thanks"