Family Favorite Taco Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 to 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Top with sour cream, salsa, cheese, lettuce and olives if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Family Favorite Taco Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"Pleasantly surprised! I love tacos and dont really care for meat loaf. This was really good, and will be better if I put it on shells or tortillas to."
"This was a big hit with my family. And a big hit with me on a busy day when the temp was in the 90's I like the topping so much I used it again on Mexican rice. YUM! Thank you."
"This recipe was very good and easy to make. I added a few things to spice it up a bit more. Like cilantro and Jalapeno and then rolled it in a tortilla."