- 2 small sweet potatoes (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastry for single-crust deep-dish pie (9 inches)
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool potatoes slightly. Peel potatoes; return to pot. Mash until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, beat sweet potatoes, butter, sugars, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Beat in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until smooth. Pour into pastry shell. Bake on the lowest oven rack 10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 375°. Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until edges are puffed and center is just set. Cool on a wire rack; serve within 2 hours or refrigerate and serve cold. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Family-Favorite Sweet Potato Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p86
Reviews for Family-Favorite Sweet Potato Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review