Friends will rave over it, too. Serve over pasta, and round out the meal with a simple salad and garlic bread. —Helen Rowe, Spring Lake, Michigan
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, beef, onion, celery and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the diced tomatoes, tomato soup, mushrooms, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings. Stir in sausage mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until flavors are blended. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Family-Favorite Spaghetti Sauce in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p92
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Spaghetti Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review