This recipe originally called for chili powder. But one day, I found I didn't have any and used barbecue sauce instead. All of our 10 children ask me to make this recipe whenever they come to visit. - Caye Watson, Sangudo, Alberta
- 5-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups water, onion, carrots, potatoes, celery, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Family-Favorite Soup in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p125
Reviews for Family-Favorite Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2014
"This sounds delish !! I'm making this tonight for my hubby & me !! Can't wait to try this. Thanks so much. Will let ya know how it turns out. God Bless..."