This recipe originally called for chili powder. But one day, I found I didn't have any and used barbecue sauce instead. All of our 10 children ask me to make this recipe whenever they come to visit. - Caye Watson, Sangudo, Alberta
- 5-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups water, onion, carrots, potatoes, celery, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Family-Favorite Soup in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p125
Reviews for Family-Favorite Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2014
"This sounds delish !! I'm making this tonight for my hubby & me !! Can't wait to try this. Thanks so much. Will let ya know how it turns out. God Bless..."