Family Favorite Salad
This salad started out as a Caesar saladbut I ran out of ingredients! We like this one just as muchKenna Robinson, Sault Ste Marie, Ontario
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium bunch romaine, torn
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, garlic, salt and
- pepper; shake well and set aside. In a large bowl, combine remaining
- ingredients. Just before serving, shake dressing. Drizzle over
- salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: This salad dressing does not contain vinegar.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 132 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.