Family-Favorite Poke Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 10 fun-size Milky Way candy bars, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (12 ounces) Milky Way ice cream topping
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Chop six candy bars. Remove cake from the oven; immediately sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 20 holes in warm cake. Pour milk over cake; cool for 10 minutes. Pour ice cream topping over cake; cool completely.
- Spread whipped topping over cake. Chop remaining candy bars; sprinkle over cake. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Poke Cake(3)
Sort By :
Well I could not find the Milky Way Ice Cream Topping either. I called Smuckers and was told that it has been discontinued. I asked the woman on the phone if there was a recommended substitution and she said "I can only tell you that it tasted like a Milky Way in a jar". I ended up buying Hershey's caramel and Smuckers Milk Chocolate and mixing 6 oz of each. Very good and very rich!
My daughter selected this cake out of a bunch of other cake recipes I had to make for her 10th Birthday. The cake was very good. Could not find the Milky Way Ice Cream topping. Used caramel ice cream topping instead. Next time I may try the Reese's Peanut Butter topping, and sub in Reese's Peanut Butter cups for the candy bars.
I made this cake today. It was very good! I could not find Milky way ice cream topping so I used Hershey's caramel topping instead. And I used the fat free sweetened condensed milk.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >