You'll need only a handful of ingredients, including Milky Way candy bars and ice cream topping, to prepare this yummy version of popular poke cake. It’s so easy, kids may want to whip it together themselves!
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 10 fun-size Milky Way candy bars, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (12 ounces) Milky Way ice cream topping
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Chop six candy bars. Remove cake from the oven; immediately sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 20 holes in warm cake. Pour milk over cake; cool for 10 minutes. Pour ice cream topping over cake; cool completely.
- Spread whipped topping over cake. Chop remaining candy bars; sprinkle over cake. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Family-Favorite Poke Cake in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p51
Reviews for Family-Favorite Poke Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review