Family Favorite Pasta Sauce for Two Recipe
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Italian tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- Hot cooked pasta of your choice
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, parsley, brown sugar, vinegar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until flavors are blended. Serve with pasta. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without pasta): 187 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 950mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Family Favorite Pasta Sauce for Two
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.